Friday, March 27, 2009

Another year, another ultrasound

I'm going in on Monday for my yearly ultrasound, which used to be a little freaky to me. After seeing MRI images of my kidneys, though, the ultrasound will be nothing. It will be like looking at a picture taken with a disposable camera after seeing the same thing photographed with a professional lens. Really, MRI scans are amazing. They are definitely worth the hassle. If more people could see their scans after the fact, I think it could take a lot of the fear and trepidation out of having an MRI.

Well, maybe a little of the fear and trepidation. MRIs are still pretty awful.

And so I have to get up and get to the hospital at 7:30 in the morning and sit around trying not to pee on myself while they get me registered and in the computer and all that jazz, only to find out info that I already know.

My kidneys are big. Very big. The end.

Gotta love modern medicine.

No comments: