Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Organ Procurement

I got a call today from the leader of our region's chapter of the PKD Foundation. He was calling in regards to this week's meeting, and a change in the time of the meeting. I told him I would try to be there.

"There will be a guest speaker, right?" I asked him.

"Yes, a nephrologist. He will speaking about organ procurement, among other things."

I told my husband about the meeting, that I wanted to skip church on Sunday to go hear the nephrologist.

"He's going to talk about organ procurement," I told him.

My husband just looked at me and said, "Well, I suppose that's a useful thing to know about."

We both blinked, and it occurred to me how utterly bizarre this conversation was. What kind of crazy people talk about things like 'organ procurement' anyway?

Kidney people, that's who. Does such a category exist?

Well, it does now. And them kidney people--they'll be talking about organ procurement this Sunday.

Just so you know.

No comments: