Saturday, June 09, 2007

Some numbers

18 hours of labor

plus

2 IVs

plus

1 dose of Sidotec(sp?)

plus

6mg(?) Pitocin

plus

1 epidural

plus

1 push

plus

200ml blood loss after my uterus decides it doesn't want to clamp down and stop bleeding

plus

6 nurses giving me 3 different shots at once

plus

1more IV

plus

an hour and half of sleep in 36 hours

equals

1 perfect, 8lb 2 ounce baby girl.

and

1 happy but extremely trashed Momma.

We are proud and happy to announce the birth of our second child. She is doing great.

I'm going to take a nap now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you ,your husband and the new big brother.I bet he will love her to bits.well done.

Rob Monroe said...

Congrats! Sorry that it was not the experience that you wanted, but glad to hear that you got the the end result!

It sounds like I'll have our story up by the end of the week!

Blessings to you and your family!

SusanS said...

Yes. Well done!!! All my love!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

All the best to Mommy, Daddy and Big Bro!